Tuesday, May 19, 2009

1st ear infection

Well yesterday as I'm running an errand in Franklin, I get a call from Melynn's daycare shes running a fever of 101. She had been coughing alot with a runny nose & constipated this past weekend but hadn't ran a fever yet until Monday.....

I called& made an appt for her, well I took her in & after Dr. Wells got done scraping my daughters ear & took forever to calm her down she determined the fever was caused by an ear infection. She then told me she was going to send it electronically well I now hate technology bc it never showed up at the pharmacy. I had to call back this morning to the office & get them to call it in..... so she's now on amoxicillin.... which is in the penicillin family..... andy & I are allergic to penicillin so I ask the pharmacist what are the odds that she might be.... I got a look like I was an idiot.... I think it's an honest question, Don't You? I was told to just watch for the symptoms, nice...
She's a little fussy & still running a temperature but not too bad.... so I'd say our first run with the sickness is ok.... for now anyway. Not to mention to go 3mths without anything is very good.




No comments: